Lockout/Tagout/ Try out
July 11 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
This course covers the role and responsibility of the employer to develop and implement an energy control program or Lockout/Tag Out (LOTO) for the protection of workers while performing servicing and maintenance activities on machinery and equipment.
Course topics include:
- Types of hazardous energy
- Detecting hazardous conditions
- Implementing control measures as they relate to the control of hazardous energy.
- Developing and implementing energy control programs, including written isolation procedures, training of authorized and affected employees, and periodic inspection of energy control procedures using the OSHA Control of Hazardous Energy Standard.
- Upon course completion, the student will have the ability to explain the importance of energy control programs, procedures, training, audits, and methods of controlling hazardous energy.