On March 15 th RAM Aviation, Space & Defense celebrated with their team of 240 employees for achieving 450+ days without an OSHA recordable incident. To celebrate, we provided them with lunch from Durango’s Mexican Grill and provided each team member with a personalized spill proof, stainless steel mug.
We look forward to continued progress and are now looking forward to 2 years incident free and beyond.
Some examples of what have led to this achievement:
- Trained multiple team members through OSHA HAZWOPER 40 Certification and UMA’s OSHA 30 Course
- Focus on preventive measures vs reactive measures
- Safety trainings during monthly Communication meetings
- “Days Without Incident” posted in the break room
- Utilized UOSH Consultation Program
- Worked with WCF to evaluate trends and process improvements
- WCF training to all employees to prevent most common injuries
- Completed safety evaluations for all work areas
- Updated training and onboarding procedures
- Invested in multiple online and in person training programs for team members
o Global Harmonized System GHS
o Powered industrial Vehicles PIV’s
o American Red Cross – First Aid, CPR, AED, & Blood Borne Pathogens