Submit your Formal Application
Eligibility & Requirements
- Any Utah manufacturing or distribution company is eligible to nominate an individual for this award. Your company does not have to be a Utah Manufacturers Association (UMA) partner or headquartered in Utah. Self-nominations are strongly encouraged. If you have any questions about company eligibility, please contact Joshua Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The award winners will be notified before being announced at the Annual UMA Safety Awards Expo during lunch on June 27th, 2023. All Award-winning companies will be allowed one attendee to the award lunch.
- The Expo will be held from 8 AM – 2 PM
- All Expo attendees must purchase a ticket.
- Partner+ one free attendee ticket, additional tickets $25
- UMA Partner ticket $35
- Non-UMA Partner ticket $50
- The Award Recognition Lunch will be held from 11:40 AM – 1 PM
- All Award-winning companies will be allowed one attendee to the Award Recognition Lunch at no cost.
- Judges and sponsors will use information in the application submitted for press releases about the award recipients.
- There is no entry fee required to nominate your company for the award.
- All submissions must be submitted electronically through the UMA website at www.manufacturingutah.com. Please email the awards coordinator with submission questions or concerns at email@example.com.
- All award-winning companies will be notified before the Safety Awards Expo event.
- The Award winner will be allowed one guest to the award lunch.
Applying for the Safety Leader of the Year
- All applications must be submitted by June 2, 2023.
- All award applications must include detailed information and will be judged for the categories listed below. All awards will be based on the details provided in the application form. To submit your application form, please answer all online questions and/or attached responses in PDFs. Upload any PDFs using the submission information provided at the bottom of this page. Please upload any additional information in a PDF or image file. Additional upload fields for information and graphics are required for the UMA Safety Awards ceremony design elements. Any photos you would like considered as part of your application should be included within your application PDF. Please do not exceed six pages.
- Judges rank criteria with relevance to each applicant. Judges are in no way influenced by the level of membership or investment status with the association.
- IMPORTANT: The maximum file size for uploading documents or images is 2 megabytes per file. Acceptable formats are PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPG, JPEG, PNG, and GIF.
- Any Utah manufacturing or distribution company employee that exemplifies commitment to a safe workplace. Has a demonstrated commitment to driving safety culture in their organization and has been responsible for or greatly involved in implementing robust safety programs and culture. The successful recipient of this prestigious award will embody what it means to be a Safety Leader through their actions.
Application Submission Information
- Only online application submissions will be accepted
- Complete a detailed application
- Collect and submit any related company artwork/pics
- Provide contact information
- Submit all application materials
Please fill out the form below in its entirety.
Safety Leader of the Year
Any Utah manufacturing or distribution company employee that exemplifies commitment to a safe workplace. Has a demonstrated commitment to driving safety culture in their organization and has been responsible for or greatly involved in implementing robust safety programs and culture. The successful recipient of this prestigious award will embody what it means to be a Safety Leader through their actions.