In 1850, sugar beet seeds were brought to Utah, which created one of the state’s largest and most durable industries. In the next two years, the local settlers had established industries to make everything from pottery to paper. The founding of the University of Deseret (Utah) in 1850 and the dedication of the Salt Lake Theatre in 1862 show the commitment of early settlers to education and culture.
- UAMMI Brings CrossTalk Tours, Conference to Southeast Utah
- Dominion Energy Charitable Foundation Commits Over $1 Million to 7 Universities to Support Promesa: Hispanic Higher Education Initiative
- Developer plans 25-acre industrial park in Payson
- Space industry taking giant leaps in St. George to host rare meet-up with active astronaut
- Nu Skin’s Dr. Helen Knaggs Honored by Utah Business Magazine
No comments to show.